By now you’ve probably heard that LeBron James announced that he’ll be leaving the Miami Heat to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Heat fans have gotten a lot of crap for “hopping on the bandwagon” since LeBron came to town, but judging by the reaction to today’s news it appears the sports world unfairly stereotyped Miami fans as a whole. They truly seem devastated.
1. These grown men avoiding eye contact because the pain is TOO REAL.
7. And working out in a desperate attempt to forget today ACTUALLY HAPPENED!
8. They took to the beach to stare out into the LeBron-less abyss.
10. Some are staying home — avoiding human contact at all costs.
11. Mojitos seem to be the popular companion for their broken hearts.
13. Lifeguards don’t know why lives are worth saving anymore.
15. People are forgetting to re-apply sun screen because they CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT ‘BRON.
16. They can’t even stand in shallow water because their knees are weak with sadness.
19. People are inducing brainfreezes just so they can forget.
20. People are putting on brave faces… but you can see the anguish.
21. Some can’t even show their face to the camera, because they’re too full of EMOTIONS.
23. Giving bittersweet standing ovations in thanks for LeBron’s time in South Beach.
24. Smiling nostalgically about 2012 when all was right with the world.
26. Some people can’t even muster the strength to walk to the beach, so they stayed at the pool.
Stay strong, Miami. You’ll get through this!
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.