During the 5th inning of yesterday afternoon’s game between the Chicago Cubs and New York Mets the professional baseball players in the Metropolitans infield treated sports fans to the most inept defensive play so far this season.
The comedy of errors starts off with two-time Gold Glove-winner David Wright making a nice diving stop on a grounder by Alfonso Soriano and proceeding to airmail the throw well over the head of first baseman Daniel Murphy.
Next came Murphy, who typically plays second base and is not known for his defensive skills, tossing the ball well out of the reach of catcher John Buck.
But the fun didn’t stop there! Shortstop Omar Quintanilla chased down Murphy’s errant throw and made the foolish decision to make an off balance underhand toss to an unprepared John Buck, which sailed towards the Mets dugout.
And in the most surprising twist of fate, the Mets somehow still found a way to win the game 4-3 on a walk-off three-run homer courtesy of Kirk Nieuwenhuis.
10. Watch the whole baffling display of incompetent fielding.
- President Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 30.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk said his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝