I have a few tips that will help you make the mozzarella chicken even better:
* Serve it with zucchini noodles if you want it light and with fewer carbs.
* If a little extra carbs are not an issue for you, then try it with pasta
* Serve the mozzarella chicken with toast and be sure to mop up all that delicious tomato sauce with it. Leave nothing, you hear me?! (that’s what your taste buds are going to scream)
* You can use boneless chicken thighs instead of breast if you prefer them.
* If you like your dishes spicy (like I do), then add chopped chili or chili flakes, to your taste.
One-Pan Mozzarella Chicken In Tomato Sauce Recipe
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 5 Servings
Calories 307 kcal
* 1 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
* 5 pieces (about 1.5lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
* sea salt & pepper to your taste
* 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning divided
* 2 garlic cloves minced
* 1/3 cup white wine
* 1 1/2 Tbsp capers
* 1 can (450g/15 oz) cherry tomatoes
* 1 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
* 5 slices of mozzarella
* 2 Tbsp fresh chopped herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro)
# Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
# Cook for 6-8 minutes, then flip and season the other side with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
# Cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Then transfer to a plate and set aside.
# In the same skillet, add garlic and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute. Pour white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up the brown bits with a spatula.
# Add canned and fresh tomatoes, 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, and capers. Stir well to combine.
# Return the chicken to the pan and nestle it in the sauce. Top each breast with 1 slice of mozzarella, cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes.
# Garnish with fresh chopped herbs and enjoy!