1. Amber Riley is a singer and actress most known for playing Mercedes Jones on the show Glee.
2. Yesterday, Riley posted a silly video on Instagram. “So me and my friends have come to this conclusion, nobody ever warned me about this — I don’t wanna…be an adult anymore,” she joked.
3. Riley’s lighthearted video somehow prompted one user to ask her if she’d considered losing weight. The comment didn’t have anything to do with the content of the video at all.
4. Soon after, Riley replied to the commenter with a really incredible response:
6. It didn’t take long for fans of the star to come to her defense:
9. And that, class, is today’s lesson in Shade and Reading 101.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎