3. Dumplings and sesame pancakes at Prosperity Dumpling.
Where: 46 Eldridge St., Lower East Side/Chinatown
Cost: Dumplings are 4 for $1; sesame pancakes are $1.25
“You can eat like a king for a couple bucks because everything on the menu is well below $10. This place is the size of a shoebox, but it’s worth it. —David Montego, Facebook
6. The maple bacon cookies at Schmackary’s.
Where: 362 W. 45th St., Midtown West
—Kara Randall, Facebook
7. The al pastor burrito or the carne asada nachos at Taqueria Diana.
Where: 129 Second Ave., Lower East Side
Cost: Burritos: $6.20; nachos: $7–$10
“The nachos come baked on a huge cookie tray, which as far as I’m concerned is the only way to serve nachos.” —Kelley Franklin, Facebook
8. The beef brisket noodle soup at Lam Zhou Handmade Noodle.
Where: 144 East Broadway, Chinatown
—Julie Yang, Facebook
11. The viagra empanada — stuffed with shrimp, scallops, and crab — at Empanada Mama.
Where: Locations in Hell’s Kitchen and the Lower East Side
—Haley Mulcrone, Facebook
13. Pork buns from Momofuku Noodle Bar.
Where: 171 1st Ave., East Village
Cost: $10 for two.
—Kyle Jameson, Facebook
18. Half chicken, rice, and beans at Casa Adela.
Where: 66 Avenue C | East Village
“For the price, it’s a steal.” —Cesar Medero, Facebook
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has confessed to the shooting, Istanbul's governor said
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- The police report featuring Kim Kardashian West's first-hand account of the Paris robbery has been released.