Recently, we shared a few of our favorite affordable eats in New York City — and then we asked the BuzzFeed Community to share theirs. Here's what they said:
1. A hot slice from Artichoke Basille’s.
Where: Locations in the East Village, Greenwich Village, and Chelsea
"It’s the only place where I can’t complain about paying $4.50 for a slice. Worth every penny." —CLizVega
2. Grilled Mexican corn — with mayo, cotija cheese, chili powder, and lime — from Cafe Habana.
3. Dumplings and sesame pancakes at Prosperity Dumpling.
Where: 46 Eldridge St., Lower East Side/Chinatown
Cost: Dumplings are 4 for $1; sesame pancakes are $1.25
"You can eat like a king for a couple bucks because everything on the menu is well below $10. This place is the size of a shoebox, but it's worth it. —David Montego, Facebook
4. The fried chicken sandwich at Cheeky Sandwiches.
5. The swingle — a mini frozen Key lime pie coated in dark chocolate — at Steve's Authentic Key Lime Pies.
6. The maple bacon cookies at Schmackary's.
Where: 362 W. 45th St., Midtown West
—Kara Randall, Facebook
7. The al pastor burrito or the carne asada nachos at Taqueria Diana.
8. The beef brisket noodle soup at Lam Zhou Handmade Noodle.
Where: 144 East Broadway, Chinatown
—Julie Yang, Facebook
9. Pierogis and potato pancakes at Veselka.
10. Fresh doughnuts at Doughnut Plant.
11. The viagra empanada — stuffed with shrimp, scallops, and crab — at Empanada Mama.
Where: Locations in Hell's Kitchen and the Lower East Side
—Haley Mulcrone, Facebook
12. An everything bagel with egg, bacon, cheese, and jalapeño cream cheese at Brooklyn Bagel.
Where: Locations in Chelsea and Astoria, Queens
"The greatest hangover cure." —Erin
13. Pork buns from Momofuku Noodle Bar.
Where: 171 1st Ave., East Village
Cost: $10 for two.
—Kyle Jameson, Facebook
14. The mini salted caramel cheesecake at Eileen's Special Cheesecake.
15. Tater tots with cheese sauce and diced jalapeños at Please Don't Tell.
Where: 113 St. Marks Place, East Village
"They're nothing short of magical." —Kyle
16. The yeti tracks snow cream — which is Oreo cookies and blueberries — at Snowdays Shavery.
Where: 241 East 10th St., East Village
Cost: $5–$8, depending on size
17. The Shackburger at Shake Shack.
18. Half chicken, rice, and beans at Casa Adela.
Where: 66 Avenue C | East Village
"For the price, it's a steal." —Cesar Medero, Facebook
19. A classic black-and-white cookie at Glaser's Bake Shop.
20. Spicy cumin lamb noodles at Xi'an Famous Foods.
21. Cannolis and cookies at Veniero's Pastry Shop.
Where: 342 East 11th St., East Village
"Italian desserts from a place that’s been family-owned since the 1800's. Can’t beat that!" —tiffinim3