Mini Shepard's Pie Bites
½ head of cauliflower florets
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ pound lean ground turkey
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon tomato paste
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup frozen peas
½ cup frozen corn
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
2. Steam the cauliflower for 8 minutes, or until softened. Let cool and drain.
3. With a potato masher or hand blender, mash the cauliflower, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a cast-iron pan, heat a little olive oil and sauté the onions and carrots until they begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary and cook until turkey is browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
6. Add flour and stir to combine.
7. Add the tomato paste and broth while whisking.
8. Add the peas and corn and cook until hot, about 5 minutes.
9. In a lined 12-cup muffin tray, evenly portion out the turkey mixture, followed by the mashed cauliflower.
10. Sprinkle with cheese (optional).
11. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and has started to brown.