One-Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice
Here's what you'll need:
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 small yellow onion, diced
* 2 poblano peppers, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
* Juice of 1 lime
* 14.5 ounce can cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
* 2 tomatoes, diced
* 1 ½ cups uncooked jasmine rice, rinsed
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon pepper
* 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Here's what you'll do:
1. In a skillet, heat a small amount of oil on medium–high heat. Add chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken thoroughly, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
2. Add olive oil to the skillet. Add onion and peppers and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
3. Add the chicken broth, lime juice, black beans, tomatoes, rice, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
4. Add chicken back to the pot. Add cilantro. Combine.
5. Serve immediately.