Eat The Rainbow With This Colorful Cauliflower "Pizza"
Rainbow Veggie Cauliflower "Pizza"
Here's a video showing you how to make it:
1 head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into pieces
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup parmesan
1 large egg
Low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
3 ounces prewashed baby spinach, chopped
¼ red onion
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F/230˚C.
2. Place cauliflower pieces into bowl of food processor and pulse for 30 seconds, or until cauliflower is the texture of cornmeal.
3. Transfer cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Let cool.
4. Transfer the cooked cauliflower into a clean dish towel and wring out the excess water.
5. Discard water.
6. Place cauliflower into a bowl. Add oregano, basil, garlic powder, sea salt, red pepper flakes, and egg. Mix thoroughly by hand.
7. Transfer cauliflower mixture onto a greased parchment-lined pizza tray or cookie sheet.
8. Pat out the dough into a disk approximately ¼-inch thick.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
10. Spread a layer of pizza sauce on the crust.
11. Add cheese (optional).
12. Top with your favorite rainbow vegetables.
13. Bake for 8- 10 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted and the cheese is melted.