To celebrate National Grammar Day on March 4, the American Copy Editors Society held a haiku-writing contest on Twitter.
Here are some of our favorites (plus a few from BuzzFeed’s copy editors!):
1. There were haiku about punctuation:
7. And the myriad difficulties of the English language:
9. Some people made word-nerdy quips:
13. Or played with word choice:
15. There were pleas for improvement:
18. And a little bit of pedantry:
19. Some reminded us that language evolves:
21. And is meant to be enjoyed:
23. But most important, remember:
Looking for more grammar and style fun on Twitter? Follow BuzzFeed’s copy desk @styleguide!
Thumbnail image via Pierre Metivier / Creative Commons
The American Copy Editors Society held the haiku-writing contest. A previous version of this post misstated its name. H/T @andybechtel for the heads-up!
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- As Hillary Clinton denounced the alt-right in a blistering speech, the movement is more famous than ever.
- The 2016 MTV VMAs are airing at 8 p.m. ET tonight. Here are all the nominees 📺🎵