3. Oh, and armadillos can delay their pregnancy. That’s right… they can mate and then decide that they’re too stressed out to get pregnant, and voila, not pregnant yet! They can put the whole thing on hold for up to two years.
And then, when they feel like it, they get to give birth to THIS RAVISHING DELIGHT. Are you jealous? You should be.
6. Also, they’re super talented. The screaming hairy armadillo has a song only the gods could imitate.
And that BELLY HAIR. What could be better? Don’t you just want to brush that fuzz til it shines?
9. Oh, also, when armadillos aren’t being the ideal cuddle partners, they’re super impressive athletes. Just look at this guy swim!
Armadillos can hold their breath up to SIX MINUTES. That’s long enough to go underwater and escape two terrible songs…or to travel where you need to go. Move over, Michael Phelps. There’s a new swimmer in town.
14. The nine-banded armadillo has the very distinct (and entirely appropriate) honor of being the state small mammal of Texas!
The nine-banded is the only type of armadillo that has a growing population; all other species (there are 20 total!) are nearing extinction due to human-related environmental factors.
Now that you know, it’s time. Time for you to go forth into this world and spread the word about armadillos. Teach the world about their cuteness, their talents, their melodic singing!
Because honestly, what else would you be doing with your life? There’s nothing better than this.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- At least 27 lawmakers are boycotting Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Monica Crowley, an appointee to Trump's White House, has decided to step away from the administration following a plagiarism scandal.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.