1. This is Winston. He was found in Cape Town, South Africa on the street. No family or home, he was emaciated and sick.
2. Now a few months later, Winston’s life has been completely turned around, all because of the Underdog Project, an organization in South Africa that pairs at-risk youth with rescue dogs.
Underdog describes their organization as one that “addresses social and emotional needs of youths and children using non-invasive animal-assisted activities, like dog training.”
3. And Winston’s not the only one! The kids and canines of Underdog meet after school and work on basic dog-training skills, forming a bond and teaching each other important lessons about life.
This is one of the girls in the program with her therapy partner, Tom.
7. Underdog states, “The training that Underdog shelter dogs receive reduces kennel stress, prepares them for their new homes and accelerates their adoption.”
This is Winston and he’s clearly a special guy.
8. With the help of the organization and his teen trainers, Winston is no longer a mere rescue dog, but a calm and caring friend to some kids who love him just as much in return.
10. Of course a good amount of snuggling is involved in this process…
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He thought two of them were Middle Eastern, but they weren't.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝