Animal trainer Stephanie Maldonado wrote on Facebook that a litter of baby opossums were orphaned in Brazil on Jan. 16 after her uncle’s dog attacked and killed their mother.
3. Opossums are marsupials and their babies live in their pouches for the first 70 to 125 days of their life, enjoying the extra warmth from when they are young.
Although it was not clear how old the babies were when they lost their mother, Maldonado was concerned the little opossums wouldn’t be able to survive without a mother’s warm pouch to sleep inside.
6. Pretinha helped care for the baby opossums all through the night, licking them for extra warmth…
9. As the baby opossums started to get older and a little more adventurous, Pretinha let them use her back to practice climbing, just like an opossum mom would do.
10. Together the unique family goes on walks in the sun:
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.