Animal trainer Stephanie Maldonado wrote on Facebook that a litter of baby opossums were orphaned in Brazil on Jan. 16 after her uncle’s dog attacked and killed their mother.
3. Opossums are marsupials and their babies live in their pouches for the first 70 to 125 days of their life, enjoying the extra warmth from when they are young.
Although it was not clear how old the babies were when they lost their mother, Maldonado was concerned the little opossums wouldn’t be able to survive without a mother’s warm pouch to sleep inside.
6. Pretinha helped care for the baby opossums all through the night, licking them for extra warmth…
9. As the baby opossums started to get older and a little more adventurous, Pretinha let them use her back to practice climbing, just like an opossum mom would do.
10. Together the unique family goes on walks in the sun:
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial is set to take place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂