1. When midnight struck and everyone toasted to marriage equality.
2. When singer Starr Kalahiki performed with pianist John Signor.
3. When Hawaiian community and culture expert Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu took the stage.
4. And then performed the stunning opening oli.
5. When the six officiants for the first set of same-sex couples getting married took the stage and smiled.
6. When the first six couples were happily married at the same time.
7. Some cried.
8. And many smiled.
9. Then they cut cake together.
10. When they toasted each other.
11. And toasted altogether.
12. When the newly weds fed each other cake.
Shawna P. Okami and Richard J. Rosehill have been together 32 years.