1. He was surprisingly straitlaced when he was young Willie.
2. He was a pioneer in outlaw country music, which challenged the conservative Nashville music scene.
4. He was in a supergroup with Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, and Kris Kristofferson.
11. After 9/11, Nelson led the song “America the Beautiful” at America: A Tribute to Heroes.
13. He lives on Maui near Woody Harrelson and Kris Kristofferson.
14. He named his book Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die: Musings from the Road.
- We cannot go back: Tribal leaders say they will fight Trump's revival of the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines.