1. On Monday, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that for-profit corporations with religious objections to the Affordable Care Act’s contraception mandate are not required to cover contraception under Obamacare.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg wrote a 35-page dissent arguing that the decision would “deny legions of women who do not hold their employers’ beliefs access to contraceptive coverage.”
2. Jonathan Mann decided to turn it into a song:
Read Ginsburg’s entire 35-page dissent here.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of a South Carolina officer who fatally shot Walter Scott, an unarmed black man, in 2015.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without pulling out their wallets 👀🍎
- People are cringing (and laughing) at this Forever 21 necklace they think is taking the choker trend too far 😬