People Who Forgave Cheaters Are Revealing How Things Worked Out In The End, And It's Actually Very Eye-Opening
"A few weeks after he moved out, I saw him with the person he swore was 'out of his life forever.'"
Cheating is terrible — and yet it seems to be more pervasive than ever in our everyday lives and the pop culture we consume.
1. "He kept cheating until I told him that he was allowed to sleep with her, and she turned into his girlfriend while I was still in the 'wife' role. Then, it went further and he asked if she could move in with us. He spent all of his free time with her. I finally was able to leave him, and he moved in with her and got married. I found his Reddit profile recently, and he posted looking for advice on his situation. It turns out his new wife has a boyfriend on the side; she loves that guy more and wants him to move into their house. Karma truly stepped up there."
2. "[This happened] twice. They were two different men, two completely different backgrounds, but they both did the same thing: They refused any type of accountability. Cheaters will either make themselves the victim or hit you with the 'Let’s just put this behind us' bullshit. Then they cheat again."
3. "He regretted it hugely, I gave him a tough time for a while, then decided to forgive and forget. Now, things are going well. Ten years later, we are great. Obviously, I still have the moral high ground, which is nice, but the cheating never gets referred to. It was a long time ago and is entirely canceled out by the many amazing things he's done for me and my grown-up children."
4. "I gradually lost all attraction to them. I couldn’t be intimate with them any longer because my body just didn’t desire them anymore. I felt so emotionally and physically disconnected. I tried to make it work for an entire year after taking them back. It felt SO good to finally walk away."
6. "Terrible. I was CONSTANTLY worrying about what he was doing, and who he was talking to. He cheated again; I mean, why wouldn’t he, considering I did practically nothing to inconvenience him when he did it the first time? It was constant anxiety and hatred toward him."
"It continued; I knew and lost all attraction. My sex drive was at -10. I actually wanted to throw up when he touched me. I felt horrible about myself. Never again."