2. Steve’s kinda just your all-American country boy.
3. He’s got a great pair of suspenders, and a pretty killer look.
5. He released his first music video and song, “All-American Boy,” to his Facebook page with this emotional message:
He writes: “time to be brave. the world does not see change until it sees honesty. I am taking a risk here in many ways, but really there is no choice but to be brave. To not tell this story is to let my soul die. It is all I believe in. It is all I hold dear. We have all longed for someone we can never have… we all have felt that ache for our #allamericanboy
first original song and music video. I gave everything for this. If my story makes even a couple people feel less alone in their aching, all the blood, sweat, tears, and soul I put into this project makes it worth it. Thanks for watching.”
8. The video follows Steve’s character, who meets a handsome all-American guy around a fire.
9. They have a few drinks together.
10. And Steve’s character is totally hooked.
11. Singing all about his all-American guy.
12. They go swimming together.
13. And Steve’s character is totally in love.
14. And even though they kiss…
15. His all-American boy wants to stay just friends.
16. It turns out to be a sad story of unrequited gay-straight attraction, but Steve’s story touched a nerve among viewers so far.
17. Steve writes of his decision to make the video: “I fought with who I was for most of my life. In every way a young person can fight with himself. But starting today… I’m laying it out there. I’m done playing it safe.”
18. “I don’t have a manager or a label or any sort of funding other than the tip money I make playing piano…”
19. “I feel like music industry people wouldn’t like the idea of me “pigeonholing” myself by telling this story as I have. But I don’t believe the world sees change until it sees honesty. So I went in on my own.”
20. “I went all in. There is no Plan B. I’m nervous/excited/horrified/anxious about the implications […] the choices I am making (and have made throughout my journey of discovering myself as a man and as an artist) will have on my future.”
22. A downloadable version of “All-American Boy” is available here.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."