25 Problem-Solving Pet Products From Chewy With Reviews That Might Make You Think “I Should Try This”
Products so useful, they'll help you teach your old dog (or cat, or bird, or hamster, or...) some new tricks.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A litter disposal system that locks in waste odors, so you don't have to worry about your house smelling like a giant cat bathroom. You'll also be making fewer trips to the dumpster, and your fine feline won't have to shame-smell their own poo!
2. A pet hair remover because your dog sheds so much, it's a wonder they're not bald. Go with this reusable, easy-to-clean roller to clean up your furniture or rug, and rejoice in finally being able to sit on your couch, even if you're wearing black pants.
3. A Furminator pet hair deshedding brush so you can re-fall in love with the actual dog underneath all that fur. This beloved tool also has a handy lil' lever that easily removes all the combed hair from the brush, which means less work for you. It's a win-win!
4. An expandable pet gate with a small door, because sometimes, your cat or small dog needs some time to themselves. This gate pressure-mounts in the doorway for a strong hold with zero damage to your walls, and can easily be stepped over (by humans, not doggos).
5. A wall-mounted sisal cat scratcher, so your cat will never use you or the side of your favorite chair as one again. And since it is designed to be hung up, you will never again trip over freestanding kitty furniture during a middle-of-the-night trip to the bathroom. *purrs*
6. An elevated indoor/ outdoor bed that your dog will want to hang out on all day! Its durable fabric bed is a cool, supportive, and comfy place for your pooch to post, whether they're inside or out.
7. A silent exercise wheel because your nocturnal pet likes to get their steps in while you try to sleep. With this, you can let em' run to their heart's content and *still* be able to get your beauty sleep each night. You can thank me later.
8. A machine-washable reversible pet blanket that will save your couch from drool and hairballs. Your dog or cat will love having their own space, and you'll love doing less cleaning and more relaxing.
9. A 30-pound food storage container because leaving your pet's food in the half-full, ripped-open bag that it came in is recipe for disaster. Save yourself the hassle of unintended food spillage and keep food fresh with this low-profile, screw-top bin.
10. A water-repellent double-layer litter mat so that kitty's bathroom stuff stays where it belongs and doesn't get tracked all over your house. With this in place, guests may not even know that you have a cat (besides all the hair, that is).
11. A bag of Pedigree dental chews to promote dental hygiene and fight stinky dog breath every day. Your buddy will feel like they're just getting a treat, but they'll actually be getting a healthy snack that fights plaque and tartar — which will help them avoid a *truly* traumatic trip to the canine dentist later. Sneaky, sneaky.
12. A flea and tick collar so you don't have to apply a greasy topical solution to your cat every month. This collar releases small doses of medication onto their coat for up to eight months, keeping them itch- and bite-free.
13. A jar of paw protectant that's made from natural waxes, so you can protect your adventure buddy's paws from the elements. This balm is also 100% more likely to stay on their feet than dog booties.
14. A durable Benebone bacon-flavored dog bone for the aggressive chewer in your house. Its ergonomic shape and bacon flavor will keep your pet occupied for hours, encouraging ~appropriate~ chewing habits.
15. A sheer bird cage skirt that will catch debris and seeds *before* they end up on your floor. It comes in multiple sizes and colors, to provide the perfect fit for any aviary.
16. A silicone food mat for the messy eaters or drinkers in your household. Slip this under their bowls and *poof* gone are the days of drenching your socks in water or vacuuming crushed kibble off of the kitchen floor.
17. An enclosed cat box with a charcoal filter that will keep rogue litter and odors under control, so that you'll be able skip a day (or four) of cleanup duty. Reviewers marvel at how spacious yet low-profile it is. Sorcery!
18. A Dremel nail grinder kit so you can avoid the blood, howling, and look of betrayal that occurs when you use nail scissors to cut just *a little* too short. The grinder's speed-sanding drum slowly files down the nail, so you can avoid over-trimming — and its wireless design means you can groom your pup while they lay on the couch, even if there's no outlet in sight!
19. A pack of hygienic waste bags that are thick, puncture-resistant, and fit your hand, to prevent unwanted contact with your pet's "organic materials," ahem. Just admit it — if you have a dog, it has happened to you.
20. A bottle of aquarium conditioner so that you can safely use your tap water to fill your fish's freshwater aquarium. Make water refills more convenient and keep your finned friend healthy by adding a few drops.
21. A PetSafe automatic feeder to ensure your pet gets fed on schedule. This bad boy can store up to five meals for busy or vacationing fur parents, so you don't have to spend your time away from home worrying about whether your beloved furballs are getting fed. *Sigh of relief*
22. A pack of peanut butter pill pockets so giving your dog their medication isn't such a struggle. They'll just think they're getting a reward, but you'll know the truth — they're getting healthy!
24. An elegant litter box enclosure so no one has to see or smell your cat's business. It features storage space, a spacious cat bathroom area and a modern design sure to blend right in with your decor.
25. A jar of digestive supplement chews to keep your dog's gut and urinary system healthy — and your lawn free of brown burn spots from their urine. It's a two-for-one!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.