31. She introduces herself as Mrs. Obama, so that’s how we’ll refer to her henceforth.
32. We have spotted our first tomatoes, folks.
33. Waffles thinks they’re clown noses. Classic Waffles!
34. Mrs. Obama gives them a test: If they can correctly place the tomatoes in the store, they’ve got the job. To accomplish this, they naturally require use of a go-kart.
35. Excuse me, “The Magic Kart.”
36. I appreciate that Waffles seems mildly put off by the fact that every object can talk, because if that’s what the world was like, every moment would be a waking nightmare.
37. ...But if every object in this world is conscious...then wouldn’t the tomatoes they're eating also be able to think and feel…?
38. See, this is exactly the kind of mental road I didn’t want to go down.
39. The Magic Kart is taking them to Oakland, California to hang out with Chef Samin Nosrat (of Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat fame.)
40. They're investigating whether a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable. Place your bets now.
41. *drum roll*
42. It's a fruit!