1. He’s always stood by union workers, because he remembers his labor roots.
3. Because he gives the best high-fives
4. Because Marty stands up for Boston’s most vulnerable — he opened the first Office of Recovery Services
7. Because babies love him.
9. Because when we talk, he listens
15. Because he has the dog vote
16. Because through Operation Exit he’s creating opportunities for everyone to succeed, despite their past
18. Because he’s giving every kid a place to play
19. Because he likes a good joke
20. Because he’s got moves
22. Because his volunteers have a great time
23. Because he's the selfie king
24. No, seriously, he'll pretty much always take a selfie with you
26. He’s also king of the court
27. That time he wore cargo shorts and broke the internet
30. Because he has given Boston an international platform, partnering with embassies in Ireland and Mexico and welcoming the Tall Ships to our harbor.
31. Because he wears festive shirts to parades
32. Because he's not afraid to get his hands dirty
36. He knows that having fun starts at the library — he understands that these neighborhood resources are invaluable to our community for our upcoming generations.
41. Because he understands that everyone deserves equal access, and he’s building a city where every resident has the best services to learn, work, and play.
44. Because he's not afraid to take a stand.
45. Because he knows every day is Sunday
47. Because the Mayor stands up for all Bostonians, no matter where they are from.
48. Because he stands up for what he believes in.
50. Because he's building a better Boston for all of us.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!