1. The Tools You’ll Need:
I used Le Maquillage Professional palettes by Maqpro Paris. These versatile wax based cremes can be used as foundation, concealer and corrector and can make your skin whatever insta-colour you dream of. The highlight/contour possibilities are endless.
Generally, I used Petite Fard Creme Palette in PP22 for the whites, blacks and natural blush and lip colours; Petite Fard PP01 for highlights; the Metisse Foundation Palette for that orange and yellow Instagram glow; and Asiatiques 1 to create amped up versions of my own natural skin tone.
These palettes are also amazing for every day use (when you’re matching your real colouring), giving the face a flawless, airbrushed finish. Just make sure to set with finishing powder.
The mixer - which can also be used as a base - is great for thinning out the foundation and mixing colours when working on larger areas of the face. Use it to achieve the perfect consistency and colour.
When a filter called for that extra ethereal glow, 3CE’s highlighter in Gold Pink mimics that soft, ambient lighting that keep selfie filter addicts coming back for more.
3. How To Get Each Filter Look
4. 1. Sierra Filter
Sierra is faded and soft, like your skin is made of marshmallows. I washed myself out in pale beiges and contoured along the cheekbones and nose with soft browns.
8. 3. Nashville Filter
Nashville’s vibe is a washed out glow, with a pop of stronger colour on key facial features. To make that 2014 selfie look ever so vintage, a purply-blueish tint replaces darker colours.
I used the lightest shades to wash me out, then added extra colour to the cheeks and lips using corals and pinks.
10. 4. Inkwell Filter
Black and white was the hardest to achieve. In the flesh, you’re dead, but in photographs, you’re a moody, distinguished masterpiece. I used a grey/white base, accented with black lip colour and dark grey contours.
12. 5. Mayfair Filter
Mayfair is all about that warm pink-orange glow from within - a healthy tan with the best highlighting money can buy. I used the Metisse palette to create a darker, warmer skintone and highlighted using white, for extra contrast. With a heavy hand, I applied 3CE’s highlighter on the bridge of my hose, forehead and cheeks for that subtle face vignette effect.
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales continue to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉