1. Let's start with the obvious...
2. Bordeaux is absolutely gorgeous.
3. From the 18th century architecture...
4. ...to the lively markets...
5. ...the southwestern French city is a complete stunner.
6. It has spectacular monuments...
7. ...beautiful little squares...
8. ...and trendy neighborhoods, such as Darwin, an alternative space created in former military barracks.
9. The city is also a true cyclist's heaven.
10. And one of the most livable and chill places in France (it often tops rankings of the French cities where people would most like to live.)
This is La Ginguette Chez Alriq.
11. In Bordeaux, past and present blend harmoniously.
Left is the Grand Bar Castan and right is the Cité du Vin, a space dedicated to wine.
12. If you're a fan of contemporary art, the CAPC, a museum located in a former wine warehouse, is here for you.
13. And so is the Base Sous-Marine (the submarine base), a World War II vestige that now hosts photo and art exhibits.
14. Bordeaux is the birthplace of the canelé, one of the most delightful pastries in the world.
15. Its restaurant scene is truly spectacular, whether you're in the mood for a fancy meal or some homey specialties.
Left is Garopapilles, right is Chez Dupont.