It's Day Two of our 7-day meal plan.
Yesterday was pretty simple, and that'll keep going today. If you did all the make-ahead prep earlier this week, all three meals should take no longer than 15 minutes each to pull together. First up: almond milk oatmeal topped with fruit and a swirl of peanut butter. For lunch, a hearty vegetarian pita. For dinner: Spiced turkey gets tossed with fresh greens, crunchy carrots, and creamy sauce.
DAY TWO MEAL RECIPES: Find complete, step-by-step instructions at the bottom of this post. For a printable doc with the entire's week's recipes, click here.
WANT SNACKS?: We've got you covered. Find ideas and recipes here.
The oatmeal couldn't be easier — and it comes together in about 10 minutes.
The peanut butter adds creaminess (along with a few extra grams of protein) and the strawberries and banana add natural sweetness.
For lunch, you'll grab the roasted veggies + chickpeas + tzatziki that you prepped earlier in the week.
(Or if you didn't prep them, find the full instructions here.)
And pack ’em up with a pita.
For dinner, grab the leftover ground turkey mixture you prepped earlier this week and cook it in a skillet for about 5 minutes...
Then reheat a batch of the leftover rice...
And pile both into a bowl — garnishing with fresh greens, crunchy carrots, and Thai peanut sauce.
Then dig in!
Ready for Day Three? Find it HERE. (And find today's full recipes below.)
1. Oatmeal With Peanut Butter, Banana & Strawberries
• ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
• 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon peanut butter
• ½ banana, sliced
• 1 strawberry, sliced
• 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts
In a medium sauce pot, heat oats, almond milk, half the sliced banana, and salt over low heat and let cook for 7 to 8 minutes until thick and creamy. Add lemon juice and stir. Transfer to a bowl and top with peanut butter, sliced banana, sliced strawberry, and peanuts.
2. Roasted Veggie Pita With Greek Yogurt Tzatziki
• 1 pita
• 1 cup roasted vegetable mixture (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ½ cup roasted chickpeas (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ¼ cup Greek yogurt tzatziki (*meal prepped: recipe here)
Wrap vegetables and chickpeas in a pita, then top with tzatziki. (Or, if packing lunch to go: Pack everything into a divided lunch container and assemble when ready to eat.)
3. Thai-Style Turkey Over Rice
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 5 ounces ground turkey mixture (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• 1 cup cooked brown rice (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ¼ cup shredded carrots
• ½ cup baby spinach
• ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
• 2 teaspoons sliced green onions
• 2 teaspoons peanut sauce (*leftovers: recipe here)
• 1 teaspoon roasted peanuts, chopped
• 1 lime wedge
Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey mixture and cook, stirring continuously, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Place brown rice, shredded carrots, and baby spinach in a bowl and top with cooked turkey. Garnish with red onion, green onion, peanuts, peanut sauce, and a squeeze of lime.