Here's Day Two Of Our No-Added-Sugar Meal Plan
With prep out of the way, today's meals come together in no time.
It's Day Two of our 7-day meal plan.
Yesterday was pretty simple, and that'll keep going today. If you did all the make-ahead prep earlier this week, all three meals should take no longer than 15 minutes each to pull together. First up: almond milk oatmeal topped with fruit and a swirl of peanut butter. For lunch, a hearty vegetarian pita. For dinner: Spiced turkey gets tossed with fresh greens, crunchy carrots, and creamy sauce.
DAY TWO MEAL RECIPES: Find complete, step-by-step instructions at the bottom of this post. For a printable doc with the entire's week's recipes, click here.
WANT SNACKS?: We've got you covered. Find ideas and recipes here.
The oatmeal couldn't be easier — and it comes together in about 10 minutes.
The peanut butter adds creaminess (along with a few extra grams of protein) and the strawberries and banana add natural sweetness.
For lunch, you'll grab the roasted veggies + chickpeas + tzatziki that you prepped earlier in the week.
(Or if you didn't prep them, find the full instructions here.)
And pack ’em up with a pita.
For dinner, grab the leftover ground turkey mixture you prepped earlier this week and cook it in a skillet for about 5 minutes...
Then reheat a batch of the leftover rice...
And pile both into a bowl — garnishing with fresh greens, crunchy carrots, and Thai peanut sauce.
Then dig in!
1. Oatmeal With Peanut Butter, Banana & Strawberries
• ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
• 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon peanut butter
• ½ banana, sliced
• 1 strawberry, sliced
• 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts
In a medium sauce pot, heat oats, almond milk, half the sliced banana, and salt over low heat and let cook for 7 to 8 minutes until thick and creamy. Add lemon juice and stir. Transfer to a bowl and top with peanut butter, sliced banana, sliced strawberry, and peanuts.
2. Roasted Veggie Pita With Greek Yogurt Tzatziki
• 1 pita
• 1 cup roasted vegetable mixture (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ½ cup roasted chickpeas (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ¼ cup Greek yogurt tzatziki (*meal prepped: recipe here)
Wrap vegetables and chickpeas in a pita, then top with tzatziki. (Or, if packing lunch to go: Pack everything into a divided lunch container and assemble when ready to eat.)
3. Thai-Style Turkey Over Rice
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 5 ounces ground turkey mixture (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• 1 cup cooked brown rice (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ¼ cup shredded carrots
• ½ cup baby spinach
• ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
• 2 teaspoons sliced green onions
• 2 teaspoons peanut sauce (*leftovers: recipe here)
• 1 teaspoon roasted peanuts, chopped
• 1 lime wedge
Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey mixture and cook, stirring continuously, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Place brown rice, shredded carrots, and baby spinach in a bowl and top with cooked turkey. Garnish with red onion, green onion, peanuts, peanut sauce, and a squeeze of lime.