1. Stromae (pronounced “straw-maye”) is a Belgian singer who has become the latest music phenomenon to take over Europe.
2. You may remember Stromae from this 2010 song, which was later remixed by Kanye West.
3. His second album came out in 2013 and became a major hit in France, Belgium, and all over Europe.
4. The video for “Papaoutai” was the most popular music video on French Youtube in 2013.
The song is about a kid growing up without a dad and wondering where he is. Stromae’s dad, who was absent most of his childhood, died in the Rwandan genocide.
7. Stromae plays with identity and uses his androgynous looks in the amazing video for “Tous les Mêmes.”
8. He also shows off some major dancing skills in the video.
11. For his “Formidable” video, Stromae pretended to be drunk on one of Brussels busiest squares while filmed by hidden cameras.
The beautiful song is about a break-up. He said he’s never felt as lonely as the day he filmed the video.
12. Stromae will be in concert in New York in June. He’ll be on tour in the rest of the United States in the fall.
14. YOU’RE OBSESSED!
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 11 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.