1. Stromae (pronounced “straw-maye”) is a Belgian singer who has become the latest music phenomenon to take over Europe.
2. You may remember Stromae from this 2010 song, which was later remixed by Kanye West.
3. His second album came out in 2013 and became a major hit in France, Belgium, and all over Europe.
4. The video for “Papaoutai” was the most popular music video on French Youtube in 2013.
The song is about a kid growing up without a dad and wondering where he is. Stromae’s dad, who was absent most of his childhood, died in the Rwandan genocide.
7. Stromae plays with identity and uses his androgynous looks in the amazing video for “Tous les Mêmes.”
8. He also shows off some major dancing skills in the video.
11. For his “Formidable” video, Stromae pretended to be drunk on one of Brussels busiest squares while filmed by hidden cameras.
The beautiful song is about a break-up. He said he’s never felt as lonely as the day he filmed the video.
12. Stromae will be in concert in New York in June. He’ll be on tour in the rest of the United States in the fall.
14. YOU’RE OBSESSED!
- Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, is cold-emailing potential candidates to serve in a potential Trump administration 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵