2. This is particularly important if you’re going to be cuffing your jeans.
If you’re cuffing your jeans it already cuts your leg off, so tucking in your shirt will help section your body in a natural way. Also, if you’re going for a baggy boyfriend-jean look, then a fitted, tucked-in shirt is a good contrast for a cleaner look.
7. If you’re going to wear cuffed jeans or shorts, skip sandals with ankle straps.
Ankle strap sandals are great but they work best if you can’t actually see the ankle strap, because it can make your calf look bigger than it is and cuts off your legs in an unnatural way. Try something lower to help give your legs all the height that they deserve.
8. Tailor your shirts!
It’s unclear whom shirts are made for. But it’s not for short girls. If you have a racerback shirt, tailor it. Pulling up the straps to the correct position will help you look slimmer, and pulling the bottom of your shirt to the right length can cover your bra straps so you don’t have to purchase a special bra for your shirt.
9. Try a blazer over a boxy shirt to help soften your look.
Boxy shirts can make your shoulders look broader than they are. An easy fix is to throw a blazer or jacket over it to soften it up a bit.
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- At least five people were killed as intense flash floods swept through parts of Texas.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯