1. Camel racing is one of the oldest sports in the Middle East.
2. Up until 2002, children from India were used as jockeys.
3. Since a law was passed to outlaw the use of children, the camel owners have started using robots.
4. The robots are equipped with whips.
5. And are controlled by the owners…
6. From cars that they race next to the track.
7. The robots have both shock absorbers and GPS tracking systems.
8. Racing a thoroughbred camel can be very lucrative.
9. Some camels are valued at over $1 million USD.
10. That’s a damn expensive camel.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝