31 Things From Target That'll Do Jobs You Probably Didn't Even Know Needed To Be Done
No matter how odd the job, there's a solution or problem-solver out there that'll take care of it.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A no-spill ice cube tray, because making sure you’ve got perfectly chilled beverages doesn’t have to be messy or painful. This tray from OXO includes a sealed silicone lid that keeps whatever you put inside the tray right where it belongs.
Promising review: “I never thought I’d be writing a raving review for ice cube trays, but these are fantastic! Our fridge ice maker broke and instead of investing in repairing an older fridge, we decided to give these ice cube trays a try. We were skeptical because we remember the miserable ice cube trays of our childhood. These trays are everything an ice cube tray should be. They’re user friendly, the cubes come out easily, they make a nice-sized cube, and they don’t have to be placed perfectly flat! I’ve squeezed them in the freezer tipped and stacked with zero leakage! Here’s a helpful tip: After filling the tray with water and smoothing the lid over the top, be sure to tip the tray in all directions (over the sink) to drain excess water. Who knows, you may find yourself writing a rave review for an ice cube tray too!” —Chrissy
2. A vacuum wine preserver to make sure your favorite bottles of vino stay fresh for days after opening. Air is one of wine’s greatest enemies — but this little gadget pumps all the air out of any open bottle, after which the (patented!) “Push Button” stopper ensures it’ll stay that way until you’re ready to pour yourself another glass. Never waste another bottle of the good stuff again!
3. A tongue-cleaning brush, because you do not need any unwanted, bad breath–causing bacteria taking up residence inside your mouth, thank you very much. This unusual but useful little tool has a scraper on one end, along with the actual brush — which, fun fact, uses the same kind of bristle that surgical scrub brushes do — to help you keep your piehole fresh.
4. A Turbie Twist towel that’ll cut down your hair’s drying time considerably. The towel's microfiber material wicks water away much more quickly than plain ol' terry cloth does. If you have thick hair that takes ages to dry, it's definitely worth having one of these little babies on hand. (Source: Me. It’s me. My hair is so thick, y’all. These towels help a ton.)
Promising review: "I was having trouble finding a microfiber cloth big enough to wrap around my hair after the shower. This is PERFECT... The tail is super long to accommodate long, thick hair. The loop is easy to use and it stays on. Dries my thick, curly hair well! I love it. It's so easy and it makes getting ready easy because I know my hair is taken care of and the towel won't fall off my head. Yay!" —targeteer
Price: $7.89 (available in four prints)
5. Speaking of hair, a silicone mat that’ll protect your countertops from the heat of flat irons, curling wands, and other hair-styling tools. Since this one is foldable, you can even wrap it around your tools when you travel, too. Better safe than sorry when it comes to hot tools and your luggage, right?
6. A box of rinse pods for your Keurig, because the insides of your coffee maker enjoy a quick scrub every now and again, too. (And besides, no one wants gross, stale-tasting coffee, right?) Happily, it’s easy to do with these rinse pods: Just run your Keurig as usual using one of them instead of a pod filled with coffee (or tea, or whatever).
7. Some bra extenders that’ll make your too-tight bands actually fit. This pack includes three of the little doohickeys; all you need to do is attach them to the hook end of your bra, and voilà! Inches of extra breathing space — literally.
8. A three-pack of Sharpie highlighters with clear tips, so you can actually see what you’re highlighting as you go. It’s never a problem until you realize you’ve gone way off the mark — and now you never have to worry about it happening again!
9. A mesh router system that’ll boost the internet signal in your home in ways you wouldn’t believe. No need to resign yourself to having weird dead zones scattered throughout your abode; a good mesh router like this one will extend and strengthen the Wi-Fi signal so that it reaches everywhere.
Promising review: “We have a long house with an attached studio dwelling, but with a garage between our house and the studio. We needed our Wi-Fi signal to pass from one end of the house, through the garage, to the studio. We plugged these in and it works fabulously, with a great signal throughout the house, garage, and studio.” —Target reviewer
10. Some dishwasher–cleaning pods, because yes, even things whose job is to clean other things need cleaning every now and again. Just empty your dishwasher, pop one of these in the detergent compartment, and run the machine, and voilà! A spick-and-span interior you can be sure won’t gunk up your dishes instead of cleaning them.
Promising review: “My dishwasher looks brand new again. I’ve had it for three years and didn’t realize it was so gross inside. I have a stainless-steel interior and it’s so clean and shiny again. I did have to use the entire three-pack, but I’ll continue to buy this and keep it up by following the recommendation. After the awful smell my dishwasher was previously leaving on my dishes, I welcome the smell of this product. I don’t think it’s terribly strong but it is there.” —Target reviewer
11. A two-pack of silicone FurZappers that’ll ensure your clothes are always pet hair–free when they come out of the wash. Just toss these suckers in with your load — one in the washer and one in the dryer — and any pet hair that’s clinging to your favorite T-shirts and leggings will gravitate toward the FurZappers as the cycle runs. Genius, or genius?
12. Some super-sticky Post-it notes – it'll stay put, no matter where you stick 'em. We've all been there: You write something important down on a sticky note and slap it somewhere you think you're guaranteed to see it...only to have it detach in about five minutes and drift underneath a piece of furniture, never to be seen again. Not so with these! The extra-powerful, plant-based adhesive keeps them right where you put them. Problem solved.
I've been keeping track of my life with Post-its for — I kid you not — roughly a decade and a half, and the super-sticky variety are the only ones I’ll buy anymore. They have never failed me — and they don't leave any weird, sticky residue when you do finally take them down, either.
Promising review: “Yaaaaas! Useful and great quality. Does what it’s supposed to. Great stick to it, too.” —LAmothr
13. A unique, reusable notebook that combines advanced technology with good ol'-fashioned note-taking capabilities, because the future is NOW. This pick from Rocketbook allows you to write on all 32 pages like it’s a regular paper notebook — but then, you can blast your notes directly to Google Drive, Slack, iCloud, and more, making the transfer from “paper” to digital instantly. And then, you can erase everything in the Rocketbook and return it to its original, blank state. You’ll never need to buy another notebook again!
Promising review: “This is the last notebook I'll ever buy. I recently bought all three Rocketbook notebooks and I love them all. This Everlast is the notebook I use for work every day. Simply take notes, scan them into my Google Drive folder or send to my email, then wipe the pages clean and do it all over again. Genius.” —Target reviewer
Price: $27.99+ (available in three colors)
14. A candle that eliminates odors without using heavy perfumes as its main point of attack. Whether you have lovable-but-stinky pets or just occasionally feel like your home has gotten a bit musty, this soy candle from the odor-elimination experts at Febreze might help; just light the wick and let it works its magic. Mmmm. How soothing.
15. A paw washer that’ll stop muddy pets in their tracks — literally. This lil' cup is lined with soft, silicone bristles; when your doggos come home from a messy frolic, just fill the cup up with water, guide their paws in one by one, and twist the cup around a little bit to get all the gunk off. Your floors will thank you for it.
16. A skincare mini-fridge, so you can store your favorite lotions and potions in the cool, light-free environment they need without sacrificing valuable food space in your kitchen fridge. This cute little appliance fits right on any countertop, making for easy access. An indulgence? Perhaps. Useful all the same? Absolutely.
17. A stick of anti-blister balm that’ll save your feet from a fate worse than...well, maybe not death, but certainly extreme discomfort. Whether your sandal straps chafe or your sneakers rub uncomfortably against a bunion or two, an application of this little twist-up stick might help ease your pain.
Promising review: “I was a bit skeptical about this, but have used their Body Glide version before with good success. I bought new shoes that work well for me except blisters on the inside of my foot that were really uncomfortable. The shoes otherwise felt great, so I was adamant about keeping them. I tried this and no more blisters, seriously! Easy to apply and lasts a long time.” —Rachel
18. A heated toilet seat that also lights up in the dark. You probably didn’t realize that freezing-cold toilet seats were a problem you could solve. Same with struggling to find the commode in the middle of the night when you don’t feel like flipping on the overhead light. Well, this little miracle solves both of those problems in one go. Talk about two birds, one stone!
Promising review: “Warm your buns, people! You won’t regret it! OMG! I live in Wisconsin and should have bought one of these 30 years ago! Every time I sit down, I can’t help but giggle because it’s so awesome, but a little funny, too! I want to sleep on it!” —Pamela
Price: $107.99+ (available in two styles)
19. Or, an affordable but highly effective bidet attachment from Bio Bidet so you can treat your tush right. This sleek, easily installed pick is totally hydraulic, by the way, so if you don’t have an electrical outlet near your toilet, you can still experience the joys of a bidet. Once you do, you’ll never go back.
Promising review: “I have been very pleased with this item. The price is great and the quality such that my plumber thought it cost three times as much. It works well, saves enormously on toilet paper, and leaves one feeling very clean. And it fits in unobtrusively. I liked it so much, I bought one for a second bathroom.” —Target reviewer
20. A handheld Rubbermaid power scrubber, because you’ve 100% forgotten that the grout in your bathroom needs cleaning, haven’t you? That’s okay! It happens! And hey, that’s what this thing is for: The battery-powered scrubber is perfectly sized to get all the gunk out and leave your grout sparkling clean — and it’ll do it two times faster than a regular ol’ manual-power scrub brush will.
Promising review: “This brush is amazing and truly worth the price. I moved into a new apartment and the bathroom was FILTHY. The tile was disgusting and the grout was black. The area behind the toilet was incredibly gross. I used Clorox cleaner/bleach spray along with Soft Scrub cleanser with bleach and I am amazed at how clean I was able to get the bathroom. The brush really made the task easy and I am excited to use it with other surfaces. It definitely handles the elbow grease part of cleaning significantly. I had to get my mom one as well. FYI it comes with batteries already.” —Baggins
21. And some Power Paste multifunctional cleanser that’ll get just about anything sparkling — even the things you didn’t think you actually had to clean. Use it on pots and pans! Tackle soap scum in your bathroom with it! Get those water stains off of your stainless-steel appliance with it! Clean your sink (because yep, your sink needs a regular scrub, too) with it! Reviewers say there’s almost nothing it can’t clean — and the difference between the before and after is often visibly noticeable.
Promising review: “This product is AMAZING! I'm a huge lover of the Scrub Daddy sponges as I use those to wash my dishes all the time, so once I heard about this, I just had to try it, and I'm so glad I did! It effortlessly cleaned my stainless-steel kitchen sink and made it all sparkly and looking like brand new again, and cleaned my glass shower doors from all the gross water spots that have been on there for over two years thanks to Florida's hard water! Nothing else would cleanse my shower like that! I highly recommend this product — best money I've ever spent on a cleaning product!” —Lera
22. A trio of suction cup shower organizers, so you can always keep your most-used bathing accoutrements close at hand. I mean, sure, you could just keep balancing your razor on the edge of the tub and hoping for the best — but why not do some decluttering with these sticky, grabby little gizmos instead?
23. A stick of Sally Hansen nail-and-cuticle oil balm, so you can keep your hands in comfort on the go. Nail-and-cuticle oil can be a boon for soothing irritated or dry nails and cuticles, but it, uh…doesn’t exactly travel well. This balm version, however, tucks easily into a pocket or bag — and reviewers say it’s super restorative to hands in need of some TLC.
24. A pair of Bear Paw meat handlers that’ll make shredding your favorite taco and barbecue fillings both easy and fun. No more painstaking minutes spent with two flimsy forks as you try to pull your pork; just grab these, grip one in each hand, and go to town. You’ll be finished in a flash — and digging in so much sooner.
Promising review: “So glad I bought these! They are easy to use and have multiple uses in the kitchen, from picking up/holding large pieces of meat to carve, shredding meat in the slow cooker, or as salad tongs. Love that they are dishwasher friendly too. Great price and quality. Definitely recommend!” —Target reviewer
25. A storage container lid organizer, so you can say goodbye to all those weird, wobbly lid piles taking up All The Space in your cabinets. This adjustable organizer can hold lids of virtually any size, making neatening up — and finding what you need, when you need it — a breeze.
26. A box of garbage disposal cleaner pods that’ll help you get the stink outta your sink. Dropping one of these little things down your garbage disposal will clear out whatever gross junk might be hiding down there in just a few minutes, leaving a fresh lemon scent behind. Aaaaaah. Much better.
Promising review: “I normally don't go out of my way to write reviews, especially for cleaning products, but I just had to say how well this worked for us. Our disposal started to develop an almost rotten-egg-like smell and nothing I did helped until I used these. Huge improvement after the first pod, completely fixed it after the second one. Have not had an issue since. Highly recommend!” —lukin125
27. A set of battery-powered, remote-operated puck lights, so you can illuminate even the darkest corners of your home. Easily mounted with double-sided tape, each puck in this set of six packs 55 lumens of dimmable light; what’s more, they can run for 100 hours before needing a battery change.
28. A pack of cabinet and drawer bumpers that’ll dampen even the worst racket. If you’ve ever lived with roommates, you’re probably familiar with the dreaded late-night or early-morning kitchen noises. If you stick these on the insides of your cabinet doors or drawers, though, the slamming sounds — either intentional or not — will become a thing of the past. Bonus: They also keep your doors and drawers from sticking.
29. An all-in-one small-hole repair tool, because even though you’re probably aware that spackling small holes is a job that needs to get done, you probably didn’t know you get it done this easily. The tube is filled with a compound that combines primer and spackle in one; there’s a putty knife at one end of the bottle for easy application; and then there’s a sanding pad on the end of the cap so you can smooth out any rough edges. Done and done!
Promising review: “I really like the ease of application that this product provides. I used the built-in sander (on the lid) to flatten any bulge that was left around nail holes and simply squeezed the product in. There is a built-in spatula on the end which makes the entire process fast and efficient. And with the primer included, you can simply paint over with the touch up color in a few hours. I only wish the bottle was a little bigger.” –Tre
30. An interlocking drawer organizer set, so that even your junk drawer can be functional and aesthetically pleasing. Rather than one big, clunky piece, this set includes eight smaller compartments of various sizes that can be Tetris’d together to fit any drawer size.
Promising review: “Works wonders for organizing! I opened my kitchen junk drawer one day and decided immediately that I needed some kind of organizer for all the little items it had accumulated over time. There was nothing in store, but I was happy that this was available online and at a pretty good price. I love that you can interlock the sections in a myriad of different ways guaranteeing that they will fit in whatever space you might have. It makes my drawer look so clean and you know everything that's in there. Would definitely purchase again if I need to organize other drawers in my house.” –Amy