1. Chris Isaak, “Wicked Game”
As heard in “The One Where Ross and Rachel… You Know.” Ross and Rachel have sex to this song in the planetarium.
2. Grant Lee Buffalo, “In My Room”
As heard in “The One With the List,” where Ross gets in trouble for making a list of Rachel’s pros and cons.
3. R.E.M., “Shiny Happy People”
As heard in “The One With the Monkey,” in which we meet Marcel. This was also the original theme song.
4. Smash Mouth, “Every Word Means No”
As heard in “The One Where Ross Moves In” — which has Ross moving in with Chandler and Joey — and later in “The One With the Routine.”
5. U2, “With or Without You”
As heard in “The One With the List” and “The One Where Ross and Rachel Take a Break.” This song might as well be retitled “The Ballad of Ross and Rachel.”
6. Hootie & the Blowfish, “I Go Blind”
As heard in “The One With Five Steaks and an Eggplant,” where money gets in the way as the friends try to plan a birthday party for Ross.
7. Semisonic, “Closing Time”
As heard in “The One With Rachel’s Date.” The piano introduction is used at the end of the episode.
8. America, “A Horse With No Name”
As heard in “The One With Joey’s Big Break.” Sad ending alert: Joey doesn’t get his big break.
9. The Zombies, “The Time of the Season”
As heard in “The One Where Monica Gets a Roommate,” the first episode of the series, and, appropriately enough, “The One With the Flashback.”
10. Barenaked Ladies, “Shoe Box”
As heard in “The One With the Two Parties,” in which the gang host separate parties for Rachel’s mom and dad.
11. Toad the Wet Sprocket, “Good Intentions”
As heard in “The One With the Two Parties.” It was a music-heavy episode. Also featured: k.d. lang’s “Sexuality” and Paul Westerberg’s “Stain Yer Blood.”
12. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, “The Impression That I Get”
As heard in “The One With the Fake Party,” where Rachel tries to seduce Joshua with a party that doesn’t exist.
13. Cake, “Never There”
As heard in “The One Where Rachel Smokes.” This song plays at Rachel’s birthday party.
14. Eric Carmen, “All By Myself”
As heard in “The One Where Eddie Moves Out” and “The One With Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E.” This one should be called “The Ballad of Chandler and Joey.”
15. The Rembrandts, “I’ll Be There For You”
As heard in the opening titles of every episode. You know the words. You even tried to sing it at your high school graduation.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence for suicide prevention, scanning feeds for signs of people at risk of self-harm, then offering resources for help.