1. Make your own spin pin by taking a regular (metal) bobby pin, folding it flat, then wrapping it tightly around a pen.
2. And spray that spin pin — and any other pins you’re using in your hair — with hairspray for a firmer hold.
3. And if your ponytail is being kinda lazy, you can use bobby pins to keep it alert, too.
4. Use a toothbrush to tame flyaways — seriously!
5. If you know a shower in the morning is not in the cards (tbh 15 minutes more of sleep is almost always superior), dry-shampoo your hair the night before.
6. If you’re looking for some serious va-va-volume and root lift, apply mousse to dry hair and then blow dry.
7. Hoping to get gorgeous curls without damaging heat? Take a small piece of water-absorbing cloth (a cut-up towel, for instance) and roll a lock of your hair around it, starting at the ends. When you get to your root, tie the ends of the cloth together.
8. If you have thick, super-straight hair and struggle to turn your volume to 11, put your hair in a topknot right after your shower — then sleep in that sucker.
9. And if you have thinner hair, turn up the volume by applying mousse the ~right~ way.
10. Want to fake a super-long pony? You can fake that, my friend.
11. Before attempting an updo, spray your hands with hair spray and run them through your hair.
And to get all of these stress-free #lewks, check out fun hair tutorials by L’Oréal Paris Studio Pro.
Illustrations by Marjan Farsad for BuzzFeed.