18 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do In San Diego
There's way more to the city than sun, beaches, and brews.
1. Treat yo' self to a flight of ice cream.
2. Visit a yeast factory — for the beer.
3. Invest in artwork by Dr. Seuss.
4. Enjoy a ~legit~ California burrito.
5. Go on a safari.
6. Discover dinosaurs in the desert.
11. Ice skate by the ocean.
12. Feed a grizzly bear.
13. Dive with sunken ships.
14. Explore secret sea caves.
15. Conquer your fears on a suspension bridge.
16. Hike a surf trail.
Very well-known among the surfer community, the Ho Chi Minh Trail is a trail that leads to the beach, and is maintained by hikers and surfers. The hike requires a bit of scrambling and sure-footedness, but rewards you with an out-of-this-world landscape. You'll climb the Sand Steps, a group of small sand cliffs, and there's even a section that gets ~reallllly~ narrow. Imagine doing this hike with a surfboard!
BONUS: Once you're down at the beach, head south and get a glimpse of the "Mushroom House," the house above that for real looks like a mushroom. Crazy.