10 Gross Facts About Mouths That’ll Freak You Out
We put food in here and kiss people with them, and yet they are grosser than you can imagine. Listerine can help, as it kills up to 97% of germs left behind after brushing.
2. The average gross human produces about a litre of saliva per day and 30,000 litres of saliva in a lifetime. That's enough to fill a swimming pool you won't wanna swim in.
4. Human saliva helps keep the mouth's pH balance slightly alkaline. If it didn't, the mouth would create an acidic environment that would dissolve its own teeth.
5. A child has all their adult teeth up inside their head even though you can't see them yet.
8. Introverts produce more saliva than extroverts.
10. The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body (relative to its size) and also the only muscle that is attached on only one end.
Ugh, gross. Are you doing enough to take care of your mouth?
Thumbnail image via ThinkStock