After an inspiring keynote delivered by Dr. Pinn, five female leaders assembled on stage to share their journeys navigating careers healthcare --
* Donna Lecky, JD, MBA. CEO and Co-Founder, HealthVenture Corporation. Managing Director, HealthVenture Capital. Co-Founder, HealthHavenHub
* Ingrid M. Nembhard, PHD, MS. Associate Professor, The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania
* Gail D’Onofrio, MD, MS. Professor of Emergency Medicine, Yale School of Medicine
* Amanda Skinner, MSN, MBA. President and CEO, Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
* Moderator: Heidi Brooks, PHD. Senior Lecturer in Organizational Behavior, Yale School of Management
The panelists discussed opportunities for women to rise in solidarity, and lessons learned throughout their professional lives. While it has been scientifically proven that diverse teams perform better, women encounter additional barriers to success. Their abilities are underestimated, they lack of role models, and as Dr. D’Onofrio bluntly stated, “Women are harder on women.”
As part of leadership, Skinner implored the audience to stay aware and look carefully at their own behavior. Lecky concurred that women can and should help other women up, with an emphasis on sustainability. After lifting up others, teach them how to stay up and keep moving up. Dr. Nembhard credits her career to all the mentors she’s had along the way, who were coincidentally all female.