We all know that pumpkin spice is the ~taste of fall~.
...to, well, all of the foods.
Now, it's time to recognize the natural order of things and put pumpkin spice into a microwave mug cake.
Here's a step-by-step photo guide to making the mug cake. You can get the full recipe at the bottom of this post.
1. Start by adding some canned pumpkin pie mix and an egg to a microwave-safe mug.
Pumpkin pie mix has sugar and spices mixed in with regular pumpkin purée.
2. Next, add the sugar and flour.
Stir in a pinch of salt if you want it. It balances the sweetness and brings out the pumpkin flavor.
3. Time for the ~magic ingredient~! Add the pumpkin pie spice.
4. Whisk it all together, then microwave on high for 1 minute 45 seconds.
5. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Pumpkin Spice Microwave Mug Cake
Makes 1 cake
Recipe by Lindsay Hunt
1/4 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
1 large egg
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, plus more for dusting
Pinch kosher salt (optional)
Whipped cream, for serving
Whisk the pumpkin pie mix, egg, sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and (optional) salt in a microwave-safe mug. Microwave on high for 1 minute 45 seconds. Serve immediately with whipped cream and a dusting of pumpkin spice.