These Easy Pizza Pinwheels Are Delicious AF
It's a universal truth that pizza flavor is the best flavor.
If you take anything and add cheese, pepperoni, and marinara sauce, it will be amazing. Roll them up inside flaky dough (aka puff pastry), and you've got insanely delicious pizza pinwheels.
1. Here's how to make them: Start with a sheet of puff pastry.
2. Then, top with your favorite marinara sauce.
3. Next, add a layer of pepperoni.
4. Top with shredded mozzarella.
5. Roll the entire thing into a tight log.
6. Cut into 1-inch thick slices.
7. Put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and top with more cheese.
8. Bake the pinwheels in a 400º F oven for about 18 to 22 minutes. You'll know they're done when the cheese is melty and the puff pastry is golden brown and flaky.
Makes 14 to 16
Recipe by Lindsay Hunt
1 17.6-ounce package puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
½ cup marinara
3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
½ pound sliced pepperoni
Preheat the oven to 400º F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
Roll out one sheet of the puff pastry on a floured surface, using a rolling pin to make it slightly larger.
Top with half the marinara, half the pepperoni, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Starting at one of the narrow ends of the rectangle, roll the dough into a tight log, pressing down to seal. Slice into 1-inch pieces and place on the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each pinwheel.
Repeat with the remaining sheet of puff pastry, marinara, pepperoni, and 1 cup mozzarella to make more pinwheels. Sprinkle each pinwheel with the remaining cheese.
Bake the pinwheels until they are golden brown and the puff pastry is cooked through, 18 to 22 minutes. Serve hot.