3. For satisfying and delicious salads that won’t leave you hungry.
There is a world in which salads actually taste good and are filling. I swear! Choose a few combos from the list above and prep the ingredients so that it’s easy to toss (hehe) your lunches and dinners together throughout the week. From Lexi’s Clean Kitchen.
4. For easier meal planning (aka easier weeks).
Pre-planning what you are going to cook and eat throughout the week means you don’t end up leaning too hard on takeout when you’re tired. Get an entire week of recipes and all the prep and tools you need from BuzzFeed’s 2016 Clean Eating Challenge.
6. For keeping your fruits and veggies fresh as long as possible.
Keeping lots of vegetables and fruits around makes it easier to eat healthily, but nothing is worse than opening up your crisper drawer to a bunch of stinky, wilted romaine. Keep on top of expiration dates with this handy chart for all your groceries.
9. For homemade stocks and broths.
If you have leftover bones from a chicken, steak, turkey, or fish then you’ve got the base for a great broth. You can save your vegetable scraps for a vegetarian version, too. Homemade stock and broth is not only cheaper, it doesn’t have added flavors, sodium, and stabilizers that premade kinds do. From SheKnows.
11. For cooking all your whole grains.
Grains are a healthy blank canvas for so many different types of meals—burrito bowl, hearty salad, or stir fry. And, whole grains have important vitamins, fiber, and protein, too. Get the entire guide to 15 grains (plus cooking instructions) over at Greatist.
12. For trying new, healthier cooking oils.
Oils have different “smoke points” (the temperature that causes them to burn), so use oils with low smoke points (olive, flaxseed, coconut) for raw dishes or baking, and use ones with higher smoke points (canola, peanut, avocado) for high-heat jobs like roasting vegetables or frying eggs. From Fix.
Don’t forget that changing to a healthier lifestyle takes time!
You can do it!
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎