How To Make A Graveyard-Themed Dessert Dip For Halloween
This is basically a spooky graveyard version of dirt pudding. This is one of 7 cute and easy treats to make for Halloween.
Remember how amazing dirt pudding was when you were a kid? Well this is like that, but the Halloween edition.
Instead of pudding, the base is an addictive chocolatey cheesecake dip.
Top it with crushed Oreo "dirt", Milano tombstones, candy corn pumpkins, and gummy worms for a spooky vibe.
Here's how to make it.
Here's a step-by-step photo guide to making the dip. You can get the full recipe at the bottom of this post.
1. You'll need these things to make the dip.
2. First, microwave the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second bursts. Stir until it's smooth. Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
You'll throw a pinch of salt and some vanilla in there, too.
3. Then, beat everything together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Scrape the dip into a shallow bowl and top with the crushed Oreos.
5. To make the gravestones, use the black decorating icing to write RIP, BOO, XX, or anything else you like on the Milanos.
6. Sink those babies right into the dip and scatter the candy corn pumpkins and gummy worms all around.
7. Voila! A haunted graveyard that tastes ~heavenly~. 😉
How to make the Haunted Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
Makes about 4 cups
Recipe by Lindsay Hunt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
9 Oreos, crushed (1 cup)
Black decorating gel icing
3 Milano cookies
Candy corn pumpkins, for decorating
Gummy worms, for decorating
Nilla Wafers, or another cookie, for serving.
Put the chocolate chips in a medium microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 30 second bursts, stirring in between. Use an electric mixer to beat in the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt until fluffy and well mixed. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the crushed Oreos.
Use the black decorating icing to write RIP, BOO, XX, or anything else you like on the Milanos. Sink them into the dip, then top the dip with the pumpkins and the gummy worms. Serve with the Nilla Wafers, or another cookie, for dipping.