● 3 chicken breasts
● 2 cups bread crumbs
● 5 eggs
● 1 cup flour
● 680 g passata
● 425 g ricotta cheese
● 8 lasagna sheets
● 200g shredded mozzarella cheese
● 200g parmesan cheese
● vegetable oil
● fresh basil, to garnish
● salt, to taste
● pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cut chicken breasts in half widthwise (pound thin if necessary) and season with salt and pepper.
3. Coat the chicken in flour, egg, and finally in bread crumbs.
4. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and fry the chicken on both sides until brown (about 4 minutes each side). Set aside.
5. In a bowl, whisk one egg into the ricotta, then set aside.
6. In a baking dish, spread ⅓ of the jar of passata on the bottom, top with lasagna sheets overlapping each one.
7. Spread half of the ricotta mixture on top of the lasagna sheets and layer with chicken.
8. Top the chicken with ½ cup (50 gram) of mozzarella and a ½ cup (50 gram) of parmesan.
9. Continue layering in the same order and top with remaining cheeses.
10. Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes uncovering the lasagna for the last 10 minutes of baking.
11. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil.