1. First, you should know the difference between blinds and shades.
2. So how do you decide between blinds and shades? That depends on how much privacy and light control you prefer.
Blinds come in a variety of finishes that can match window trim, decor, and flooring, while shades come in hundreds of colors, fabrics, and textures to choose from.
3. If you want shades, there are a lot of different options.
4. Not sure how to measure for your window covering? It depends on whether you’re mounting the shade inside or outside of the window frame. Outside mounting provides greater coverage and privacy while inside gives a flushed look that easily blends in with the trim.
5. When choosing a color, consider whether you want your window covering to stand out or blend in.
If you want them to blend in, your window covering should match the wall or the trim color.
But if you want them to stand out, your window covering should contrast with the wall or the trim color.