“Blank on Blank” is a project dedicated to finding lost interviews, and in a new animated series with PBS Digital Studios, they present this unheard interview with Larry King.
The story, in a nutshell…
5. The woman gives Larry her address.
And so, Young Larry seizes the opportunity and decides to put on the entire Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall album. Says Larry: “I had 33 minutes. Which is all the time I need. To this day that’s still true.”
8. When he gets back to the station, the phones are ringing off the hook.
But Larry remembers one call in particular from an old guy who is going crazy. “Why didn’t you change the station?” The man said, “I’m an invalid.”
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏