“Blank on Blank” is a project dedicated to finding lost interviews, and in a new animated series with PBS Digital Studios, they present this unheard interview with Larry King.
The story, in a nutshell…
5. The woman gives Larry her address.
And so, Young Larry seizes the opportunity and decides to put on the entire Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall album. Says Larry: “I had 33 minutes. Which is all the time I need. To this day that’s still true.”
8. When he gets back to the station, the phones are ringing off the hook.
But Larry remembers one call in particular from an old guy who is going crazy. “Why didn’t you change the station?” The man said, “I’m an invalid.”
- A Cincinnati zoo is defending its decision to kill a gorilla after a boy fell into an exhibit.
- Seventeen people died in a fire at a makeshift nursing home near Ukraine's capital Kiev on Sunday.
- At least four people died and 49 others were injured in shootings during a violent Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.