1. Did you know…
That in 1960, Winston cigarettes were a sponsor for The Flintstones. At the time, the cartoon was geared more toward grown-ups. But still. The prehistoric cast became “spokestoons,” doing shameless product placement bits, which were incorporated into the episodes. Winston at least had the decency to end its partnership with the show once Wilma got pregnant.
2. After watching Betty and Wilma do all the housework, Barney and Fred decide to “do something” so they decide to “take a break” with Winstons.
3. After fixing the record player, Fred rewards Barney with a cancer stick, er, Winston.
And then it gets creepy when the record begins playing a Winston spokesman voice.
4. Fred goes down to the shop for a pack of cigs, talks about how great they are. For a full minute.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump used a visit to CIA headquarters to attack his critics.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.