1. Rich Girls, 2003-2004
Quite possibly MTV’s greatest work, featuring a teenage Ally Hilfiger and her best friend. Uncovered the existential crisis that came with being unfathomably wealthy and included such philosophical debates as “save a life or buy a pair of shoes?”
2. Singled Out, 1995-1998
Against all my feminist instincts, here is my official plea to MTV to bring back this blind date show, originally hosted by Chris Hardwick (swoon!) and Jenny McCarthy. Basically, you were guaranteed to meet the love of your life and all you had to do was kick out all the stupid, unfortunately endowed guys with weird facial hair.
3. Alternative Nation, 1992-1997
Kind of like the original TRL without the audience; way cooler ‘cause of this cool chick, Kennedy, who hosted.
4. The Ben Stiller Show, 1992-1993
Although this switched networks after the first season, there’s pure gold in Stiller’s comedy show which featured your favorite musicians acting silly and sketches like “Skank Goes Blind,” “Dead Head Insurance Salesman,” and “Mohican Master 2000 & Jazzercise With Wolves.”
5. The Ashlee Simpson Show, 2004-2005
Watch Ashlee Simpson as she works on her “singing” career. Watch Ashlee Simpson battle acid reflux. Watch Ashlee Simpson chase boys. That’s about it.
6. Daria, 1997-2002
Random fact: It took 10 months to a whole year to produce one episode of Daria.
7. Newlyweds, 2003-2005
Thanks to this glimpse into Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson’s life, we were finally able to clear up that “chicken or fish” business.
8. The Cut, 1997-1999
Remember this musical act competition show hosted by Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez? (RIP.) And how when someone got cut off the show, she’d make make a cut motion across her throat? Wasn’t that cool?
9. Pimp My Ride, 2004-2007
The premise for this show was to find the shittiest cars in America and give them all the necessary upgrades: popcorn makers, TVs, clothes dryers, sick sound systems. And oh yeah: flames. Lots of flames.
11. The Osbournes, 2002-2005
The ultimate American family. Nevermind that they’re British.
12. The Grind, 1992-1997
The Grind was pretty much this: Watch these people dance up on each other.
13. Date My Mom, 2004-2006
A guy or girl meets three moms and makes his decision based on his dates with mumsy. Word to the wise: MILFs are usually misleading.
14. Room Raiders, 2003-?
Is this show really still on? If so, then this is a brilliant way to figure out if you want to date someone. A girl or guy inspects someone’s room and even gets a black light to see just how dirty their sheets are.
15. Say What? Karaoke, 1998-2003
Watch idiots do their worst at karaoke. And one of them somehow wins.
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹