1. Imagine the following: You’re a Norwegian student and your landlord told you there’s a secret room somewhere in the house…
Here’s the drop-down door to the attic. You’ve been up there before and it’s totally normal.
4. You head in and find a tiny space filled with things from WW2.
5. There’s this sign that says (in a rough translation): “If you have a bad stomach, you do not have access.”
6. An “alarm” made of a single lightbulb.
7. And there’s an old map of Europe. You begin to wonder what exactly this space was for?
8. Of course, once these pics hit Reddit, you get some answers — it used to be a secret spot for printing newspapers.
In a follow-up post, mYNDIG says that they began to find out more about the room. It had actually been known about by some local historians. A historian/journalist showed up at their house eager to tell them more:
As redditor /u/norwigga guessed correctly the room was used for pressing newspapers during the occupation, and they got most of their information from the BBC radio channel. They operated here in our attic from late December 1944 until Mars 1945, then they had to move after several investigations from Gestapo, who never managed to find the room. We found some writings on the wall which turned out to be different places in Poland, we are going with our guts and saying they were following the soviets march into Germany. One of the guys behind the newspaper, Åge Thorvaldsen was eventually captured by Gestapo and held captive in Grini until the end of the war.
10. Here’s what appears to be a still from the WW2 footage shown to the students by their visiting historian.
11. The walls had writings left on them…
“We are guessing that its Polish town names to follow the russian advancement into Germany.”
12. In the Redditor’s follow-up post, you also get a better look at how the space was accessed…
“They used this massive nail to open and lock the room from the outside.”
13. “When pulling the nail out they would open this lock, it does not work anymore.”
14. In the original post, Redditor mYNDIG included this pic of a doll shoe. People freaked over how creepy it was…
However in the follow-up, there’s a clarification: “And to all the people wondering about the shoe doll, no it wasn’t found it the room, it was found while we were searching for the room.”
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.