2. The attempt, however, was a flop.In 1985, Mission Commander Gordon Fullerton told the L.A. Times that the experience of drinking spray Pepsi was just yuck:
The drinks, flown as an engineering evaluation of two designs of space beverage cans, were warm because there is no refrigeration on the shuttle. He said the drinks were full of fizz and froth.
“It’s hard to say if they would be enjoyable (if they were cold),” Fullerton said. “They weren’t at that temperature. We had no desire to drain the cans.”
He said there were no ill effects from drinking carbonated beverages in weightlessness, “but I can’t extrapolate to any great desire to have them.”
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏