2. The attempt, however, was a flop.In 1985, Mission Commander Gordon Fullerton told the L.A. Times that the experience of drinking spray Pepsi was just yuck:
The drinks, flown as an engineering evaluation of two designs of space beverage cans, were warm because there is no refrigeration on the shuttle. He said the drinks were full of fizz and froth.
“It’s hard to say if they would be enjoyable (if they were cold),” Fullerton said. “They weren’t at that temperature. We had no desire to drain the cans.”
He said there were no ill effects from drinking carbonated beverages in weightlessness, “but I can’t extrapolate to any great desire to have them.”
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲