2. The attempt, however, was a flop.In 1985, Mission Commander Gordon Fullerton told the L.A. Times that the experience of drinking spray Pepsi was just yuck:
The drinks, flown as an engineering evaluation of two designs of space beverage cans, were warm because there is no refrigeration on the shuttle. He said the drinks were full of fizz and froth.
“It’s hard to say if they would be enjoyable (if they were cold),” Fullerton said. “They weren’t at that temperature. We had no desire to drain the cans.”
He said there were no ill effects from drinking carbonated beverages in weightlessness, “but I can’t extrapolate to any great desire to have them.”
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app, Meitu. Say cheese 📸