1. We tend to picture Marilyn Monroe in chic bathing suits, furs, diamonds, and elegant evening gowns. So what the heck is she doing dressed like this?
2. The story goes that this 1951 portrait session is something of a response to a journalist who called Marilyn “cheap” for her sexy fashion choices.
3. And so, some smarty pants came up with the idea to photograph Marilyn in something so completely un-sexy.
4. Of course, Marilyn managed to make this Idaho potato sack look…well…amazing.
P.S.: Want your shoes.
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍