1. 2014 became the year of the man-bun movement, with its leader being the ombre-locked Jared Leto.
2. Lauren Conrad chopped off her signature locks, starting the lob trend.
3. Katy Perry dyed her hair "slime" green.
4. And then she dyed it red. The inspiration for the shade was the Muppets' Animal.
5. We had many questions about Tilda Swinton's hairstyle she wore to the Governor's Ball.
6. Lena Dunham got a bowl cut.
7. And then, like Katy Perry, she also dyed it green.
8. Viola Davis took off her wig on the ABC show How to Get Away With Murder.
9. Justin Bieber bleached his hair.
10. Beyoncé got bangs.
11. She also rocked a bob.
12. Taylor Swift's mane took headbanging to a new level at this year's Grammys.
13. And then T. Swift got a haircut. And then so did approximately 4 million teenage girls.
14. Solange's wedding afro was stunning.
15. Kim Kardashian broke the internet with her butt, but we were also looking at her Paper mag cover hairstyle. A spiky bun thing.
16. Artist FKA Twigs came onto the scene and reminded us how beautifully artistic baby hairs can be.
17. Ariana Grande's ponytail became one of history's most famous ponytails.
18. And then when she wore her hair down it was like WHOA WHAT IS GOING ON.
19. Obama began showing a bit more gray.
And tbh, he pulls it off.
20. Kylie Jenner, like the handsful of celebs before her, also dyed part of her hair a shade of green.
21. On OITNB, Crazy Eyes changed her signature hairstyle, which was a major plot development.
She's apparently been wearing her knots since childhood, and we saw the moment she got this hairstyle — it was part of a pretty big reveal about Suzanne's past.