Ignoring the laws of animation, in which people don’t seem to age (lucky bitches), I calculated the ages of these cartoon characters of your youth. Damn. People be old.
2. Daria would be 31.
When the series debuted in 1997, Daria was a sophomore in high school. It should be noted, however, that her character was first introduced on Beavis and Butt-head, so depending on which version you take, she could be a couple years older.
3. Doug Funnie would be 33.
He also has a birthday coming up! August 22nd. It should be noted that there is a bit of a discrepancy between the Nick version of the show and the Disney version. In the Nick version, which began airing in 1991, Doug is described as 11. In the Disney version, which began airing in 1996, Doug is 12. Obvi, I went with the Nick age.
4. Jem, aka Jerrica Benton, would be 47.
Jerrica’s age is hardly referenced in the show, which began airing in 1985. There are, however, references to years and ages in regards to events of Jem’s past and obsessive fans have determined that Jem would have been born in 1966.
13. In people years, Hello Kitty would be 47.
Hello Kitty made her debut in 1974, which means she’s been around for 38 years. However, she’s described as being in the third grade, which would mean she was 8 when she appeared, putting her “birth year” at 1966.
14. Beavis and Butt-head would be 35.
Beavis and Butt-head’s ages are a bit murky (they’re in high school so most have guessed anywhere between 15 and 17), however in 2011, creator Mike Judge told Rolling Stone, “I think Beavis and Butt-Head, if I were to give them an age, it would be probably be 15.”
19. The Powerpuff Girls would be 20.
This post inspired by this tweet.
- The Trump administration deleted a State Department post promoting Trump's Mar-a-lago club after it drew a wave of criticism online.
- If no court steps in, Arkansas is poised to become the first state in more than 15 years to execute two people in one night.
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤