Drawn to the ’80s is an adorable blog featuring the artwork of 5-year-old Sam. Sam likes to listen to classic ’80s tunes with his mom Lori and then draw his interpretations of these songs.
Despite having a natural talent for art, Lori (Sam’s mom), tells BuzzFeed that Sam has other interests: “[He] wants to be a chef when he grows up - he won a cooking contest last summer and won a years worth of free milkshakes, so besides this whole website thing blowing up he’s already a winner.”
One of Sam’s all-time favorite songs is “Whip It” by Devo: “We have dance parties at night and he would always freak out when “Whip It” came on so we gave him the CD for his birthday and it was one of his favorite gifts. He loves all of Devo’s music and his favorite singer is Mark [Mothersbaugh].”
“As far as non-’80s music goes,” Lori says, “he and I do a mean duet of ‘Royals’ in the car.”
3. Below, a selection of Sam’s music-to-paper creations…
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer dodged multiple questions at today's White House briefing on Donald Trump's false claim that millions of illegal immigrants voted in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.