Drawn to the ’80s is an adorable blog featuring the artwork of 5-year-old Sam. Sam likes to listen to classic ’80s tunes with his mom Lori and then draw his interpretations of these songs.
Despite having a natural talent for art, Lori (Sam’s mom), tells BuzzFeed that Sam has other interests: “[He] wants to be a chef when he grows up - he won a cooking contest last summer and won a years worth of free milkshakes, so besides this whole website thing blowing up he’s already a winner.”
One of Sam’s all-time favorite songs is “Whip It” by Devo: “We have dance parties at night and he would always freak out when “Whip It” came on so we gave him the CD for his birthday and it was one of his favorite gifts. He loves all of Devo’s music and his favorite singer is Mark [Mothersbaugh].”
“As far as non-’80s music goes,” Lori says, “he and I do a mean duet of ‘Royals’ in the car.”
3. Below, a selection of Sam’s music-to-paper creations…
- This is no illusion: Lady Gaga confirmed she's headlining the Super Bowl halftime show in February 🏈🎉
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- One person died and more than 100 others were injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.