3. On Fear Street, someone always has to “pay.” And not with money. WITH THEIR LIVES. MUAHAHA.
6. Especially if the cover was one of those sexy ones or one with a rapey looking boy on it — you tried to keep these ones away from your parents.
7. She’d make a deal with you: You could get the Fear Street books so long as you read one “real” book for each as well.
8. And you were like, UGHHHHHHH OK FINE.
11. Either way, there was always a sexy passage or two.
The Saga summary:
The title of the series comes from the name of a fictional street in Shadyside, which was named after the Fear family. Their name was originally spelled as Fier, however after being told that the family was cursed and that the letters could be rearranged to spell “fire”, Simon Fier changed it to Fear in the 19th century. The curse survived, however, and Simon and his wife Angelica brought it with them when they moved to Shadyside sometime after the Civil War. It all started in Puritan times when Benjamin and Matthew Fier had an innocent girl and her mother, Susannah and Martha Goode, burned at the stake for allegedly practicing witchcraft. The father and husband, William Goode, put the curse on the Fiers to avenge their deaths, bringing misery and death to the previously mentioned family. Although a fire allegedly burned the last of the Fears (preventing a Fear and Goode from marrying), the series features some surviving Fears suggesting one of the brothers survived. These events are described in the Fear Street Sagas, a spinoff of the main series.
19. Oh shit. Stacey just walked into a party at someone’s house. The killer is so going to be there.
21. But by the end, you’re just so relieved! Because at the last minute Sandy walked in and it was all a set up! Bad guys be gone! The important people live! You are now at peace and so calm…
- President Trump delivered a fiery campaign-style speech to about 9,000 adoring supporters in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday afternoon.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- A Washington DC public school has fired back at Education Secretary Betsy DeVos after she criticized its teachers.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."