The following photographs were taken in the 1920s by a man named William Hope, who made a name for himself as a professional medium in London around this same time. Of course, looking at these now, we’re well aware that Hope used glass plates and double exposures to fake these ghostly images, but back then, Hope was able to successfully fool his clients. Which is actually really sad, considering that a portion of his business came from family members mourning the deaths of their relatives lost to WWI.
3. After supposedly hearing the voice of his stillborn child at a seance, this clergyman sat for a photograph, which developed to reveal the man’s father. It’s assumed that Hope asked the man to bring an image of his father to help contact the spirit world.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘