1. The new American marriage — quality time with your spouse and your air turbo head massaging machines.
2. British folks trying out “foot tickling machines.” The purpose of which remains unclear other than sheer amusement and to say you tried it.
3. Pity those sea shoes never took off.
4. A snazzy product of Goodyear’s in the ’60s — illuminated tires.
5. The Cat-Mew Machine: a device that produces cat sounds, meant to keep away rodents.
6. A “road safety machine” to train motorcyclists. Otherwise known as your grandfather’s arcade game.
7. The first ever Walkman?
8. The original portable boombox was a beanbag with a transistor radio.
9. A prototype of the first computer mouse (wut?!), a creation by Douglas C. Engelbart.
10. Behold the microcar: great for small people and NYC parking, horrible in any other situation.
11. A hat with storage capabilities…because actually wearing a purse was passé?
12. A remote-controlled lawnmower. Kind of like a giant Roomba for the outdoors. Get a cat on that thing!
- The White House refuses to deny a report saying Trump administration officials gave the House intelligence chairman classified information.
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina was partially repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal legislation still allows discrimination.
- The disgraced former president of South Korea has been arrested. Park Geun-hye was forced out of office earlier this month in a corruption scandal.
- SpaceX has launched and landed a recycled rocket for the first time. It's a big step towards making space flight cheaper ♻️🚀